Call for Sessions at Dioxin 2018
Dioxin 2018 will host a Students Session prior to the main symposium and there will be the PCB Workshop and four major Special Sessions ((i) Biodetection Methods for POPs and Related Food and Environmental Contaminants; (ii) Environmental Persistence, Analytical Methods and Risk of Human and Veterinary Pharmaceuticals that can act as pseudo-POPs; (iii) Progress in Industrial Technology and Sustainable Chemistry to Phase out and Control POPs, and (iv) Legacy and Emerging Fluorinated Organic Compounds Update). We are requesting submissions for ideas for extra Sessions at Dioxin 2018. If you are interested in organizing a session related to any aspect of Halogenated Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) or Pseudo-POPs at the Dioxin 2018; please send a Title for your requested Session (Special or Traditional) along with a brief description by email to Jerzy Falandysz (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and Larry Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 30, 2017.
Students for Students – Pre-Dioxin 2018 Symposium Students Session “All POPs and Pseudo-POPs” (Advisors: Mehran Alaee and Eric J Reiner) – is free for the students with a presentation and registered at Dioxin 2018 and for students without presentation fee is 25 € (for coffee break and lunch).
The Students Session will be held at the symposium venue which is located very close to the Old Downtown Kraków area. Only students may present at this gathering and one submission per registered student is permitted at this time. The oral presentation is to be 20 minutes in length. Ideally, all submissions are to be a one page abstract or a four page short paper (see the guidelines established by the meeting organizers). In addition to the oral and poster presentations, there will be a short (5 min) poster highlight session. This is to consist of short oral presentations that are intended to give young researchers the opportunity to present their work and initial results with an opportunity to receive constructive feedback. Awards for the best student presentation (oral or poster) will be granted to students for outstanding presentations at the Students Symposium. Your abstract can be considered as accepted unless you receive a notice of rejection. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Any supporting company or sponsor of the Students Session is welcome – a platform for a company displays and inserts will be available.
Stockholm convention, sources, exposures, inventories and actions to reduce exposures ● Chairs: Niklas Johansson & Keri Hornbuckle
Exposures/mixtures of chemicals ● Chairs: Geniece Lehmann & Mattias Öberg
Novel studies on PCB toxicity and mechanisms action ● Chairs: Mirek Machala & Michael Duffel
Regulatory actions – Where are we going? Follow up on recent actions +”new end-points” + ongoing new initiatives ● Chairs: Helen Håkansson & Vince Cogliano
Biodetection Methods for POPs and Related Food and Environmental Contaminants ● Chairs : Daniela Meloni & Lisa Connolly
EFSA Special Session: EFSA risk assessments of persistent organic pollutants in food and feed ● Chairs : to be announced
Environmental Persistence, Analytical Methods and Risk of Human and Veterinary Pharmaceuticals that can act as pseudo-POPs ● Chairs : Beate Escher & Jolanta Kumirska
Legacy and Emerging Fluorinated Organic Compounds Update ● Chairs : Nobuyoshi Yamashita & Kurunthachalam Kannan
Progress in Industrial Technology and Sustainable Chemistry to Phase out and Control POPs ● Chairs : Roland E Weber & Allan Astrup Jensen
● Abiotic Environmental Compartments
● Advances in Environmental Forensics
● An Analytical Update for Dioxins and Related Halogenated Compounds
● Biochemical and Molecular Mechanisms of Endocrine Disruptors
● Biochemistry and Toxicology of POPs
● Biomonitoring and Levels
● Contaminated Sites – cases, remediation, risk and management
● Emission, Control and Cleanup
● Environmental Metabolomics and Effect Directed Analysis
● Environmental Toxicology of POPs
● Environmentally Persistent Free Radicals
● Exposure – Food Chain, Maternal, Indoor, Occupational and Accidental
● Halogenated PAHs and PAHs
● Legacy and Emerging Flame Retardants
● Levels in Human Foods and Animal Feeds
● Mechanisms of Formation and Destruction of Halogenated Dioxins, PAHs, Biphenyls and Similar Compounds
● Metalorganic Contaminants
● Non-target Screening – Multimedia Analysis
● Persistent Biocides and Pesticides
● Polychlorinated Naphthalenes and Chlorinated Paraffins (PCNs/CPs)
● POPs and Emerging Contaminants in Developing Countries
● POPs in Polar, Circumpolar and Alpine Regions
● QAQC of POPs Analysis Part A – Recent ISO and National Standards
● QAQC of POPs Analysis Part B – Novel QAQC Approaches
● Risk Assessment and Risk Management
● Sampling and Preparation
● Sources, Fate, Transport, Modelling and Inventories
● Strategy for a Non-Toxic Environment: POPs and Policy
● Toxicity of Fire Smoke
● Varia on POPs
● Volatile Methylsiloxanes in the Environment
… for any other, please, apply.
The final list of Dioxin 2018 sessions will be posted on January 8, 2018.